The first dwellers of present-day Tulinovka must have been runaway peasants from Ryazan who escaped from the oppression of their landowners and complete ruin in the 17th century. The settlers arranged their cabins in the forest along the Moshlyaika river. In the middle of the 18th century, Yakov Tulinov, a merchant and cloth manufacturer, got interested in the settlement based at the river. An entrepreneur at heart, he estimated its profitable location, the riches of the forest and an opportunity of promising business partnership with other cloth producers in the neighboring villages. This is how small fabric manufacture emerged on the Moshlyaika in 1754 (today, there is “TVES” instrument-engineering factory in place of Tulinov’s former factory). Yesterday’s runaway peasants who had settled here solidly by that moment now worked at the factory.
As years were passing by, the production kept growing increasing the population of the settlement. The peasants started building houses, gardens, and areas under crop. To provide accommodation for his workers, Tulinov built a “servants’ hall” – the factory dormitory. Tulinov himself lived in his manor house on the hill. Tulinov’s estate included the two-story manor house made of stone on a high socle designed in late baroque style. The walls of the facade were tiled and richly decorated. There were wide stairs, a hall, a drawing room, a study and a library inside the house. Next to it there was a stone outbuilding, stables, and multiple utility structures. A beautiful park garden was laid on the grounds of the estate.
At the end of the 18th century, Tulinov’s son, Mikhail, erected a wooden church in the settlement. And Mikhail’s son, a merchant of the 2nd guild and manufacturer Y.M. Tulinov, built a new stone Assumption church with a small bell tower. After the church consecration, the settlement of Tulinovka was upgraded to the status of the village.
After the revolution, the estate was nationalized, the merchant’s descendants left the village and the manor house itself was later transformed into a children’s tuberculosis sanitarium and then into Rosinka children’s rehabilitation center. At present, the center is closed and the manor house is left unattended.
Some belongings of the Tulinovs (furniture, books, notes, photographs, coins of the Tsar’s coinage, and a fashion magazine of 1905) are kept in the collection of the school museum.