At the intersection of the present-day Internatsionalnaya and Nosovskaya Streets there is a three-storey building drawing everyone’s attention by its two facades facing both streets.
The architect and the owner of this building remained unknown but judging by the size of the construction it was initially built for multifunctional use.
At the end of the 19th century there was Grand-hotel here. After the major overhaul in 1898 “Russia” Hotel was opened in this building. It was one of the best hotels in town with all possible services and a restaurant. The hotel had a billiard hall. It was equipped with electricity and telephone. The hotel restaurant hosted ceremonial receptions, balls, and many other events. The restaurant food cooked by the best chefs from other towns was exquisite. The first floor of the hotel was occupied by the stores offering watches, optical devices and sewing machines.
After 1917 the hotel was nationalized and closed. The building was passed to the club of working youth called “Metalworker” since 1923. After that, there was “The Teacher” community center and the building itself was called The House of the Teacher. At present, the building is rented by various companies.